Sunday, September 9, 2007

A quick Google search from the truth.

I served a customer the other day who was looking for books by Chuck Missler. We do not stock his books. So, he asked if I would special order one his books. "If you would like," I said.
Now, having special ordered a book by this author in the past, I knew that I could not recommend him to my customer. I asked the customer if he knew that Missler was writing books about aliens in our Bibles. The customer responded that I must have the wrong Chuck Missler because his other books are, "Right on."
I pulled up Missler's website and showed the customer. He remained where he was (in denial). The customer placed his special order and later came back to buy his book. The logic behind his decision to go ahead and buy Missler's book was that he is a very popular Christian author.
The customer I served earlier also dismissed his wackier ideas because he is a popular author whom she had heard recommended on the radio.
So, popularity and media recommendations are assurances of Christian orthodoxy.
Anyway, we sold them their books.

No comments: